Last month’s Urban Jungle Bloggers theme was watering your plants. Really helpfully, some of the posts focused on tips for watering plants whilst you are on holiday, which I was particularly interested in as I did experience one year when all my plants died whilst I was away, which made me really, really sad. I’m off on holiday next week , so I need all the tips I can get! I want to share some of these ideas with you, as I know lots of you will be in the same position, especially if you don’t have neighbours that you can rely on.
1. I really loved Igor’s post and his amazing tip to put one end of a shoelace into a cup of water and the other end into your plant pot – LOVING this gif too!
2. Judith’s post is about watering your plants generally, not just when you go on holiday. I love this watering attachment she features that you can attach to water bottles and offers far more precise watering.
3. I really enjoyed reading Elena’s post, which has some brilliant ideas for keeping plants alive for weeks, whilst you are away on holiday. I particularly liked the idea of creating terrariums for your houseplants using plastic bags – more details on that in the post.
4. Here is an idea I have found, but have not tried yet. The idea is to plant a water bottle, with holes in it, next to plants (tomato plants are particularly thirsty). You then water into the bottle so that water goes straight to the roots and won’t evaporate from the surface of the soil.
5. I also found this brilliant graphic by Yumi Sakugawa that has loads of good ideas…
Do you have good neighbours that will water your plants for you or will you use some of these tips? Do you have any tips of your own that you can share?
Featured image: Happy Interior Blog, Igor Josifovic